Friday, July 28, 2006

Books in Charity Shops

I much prefer the charity shops who try to arrange their books in some order. After the usual sortings, of the fiction from non-fiction, some now even loosely order their fiction by author surname. [That just reminded me of the sketch by the Two Ronnies where Mr Barker worked in a library which arranged its books by size and colour - which also reminds me of the time I asked two pupils to tidy the school library, who did just that]

Well, we did get a few books today, to add to my TBR pile, but I do have a compulsion to organise the charity shop bookshelves still further. You know, group all the Wendy Holdens and Danielle Steeles together. There always seems to be loads of those. I have also noticed a trend when there appears to be a surfeit of particular titles. Harry Potter books seem to be more second-hand prolific now as do those written by James Patterson and Sophie Kinsella, but the range in pricing varies so. Some charity shops charge as little as 25p for paperbacks while others charge more than the current range of offers from W.H. Smith, Waterstone's and Woolworths do for new.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home