Sunday, August 06, 2006

Benji, my second dog

BENH.JPG Marty was doing fine now, but I'd always told 'Him Indoors' that I liked Yorkie terriers - he agreed, but said he could never eat whole one!

Now we had a little more doggie experience, and just before my birthday he said he had a surprise but could I give him a sub for it.
I agreed and one evening, a day or two before my birthday, he picked me up from work, with Marty in the back of the car as usual, there was a tiny little bundle of fluff, huddled in the corner of the rear seat.

It was dark at the time (November) and I couldn't wait to get back home.

When we did get home, my heart melted to see this tiny and timid Yorkie who was already called Benji.

Benji was only still a puppy, about six months old. His owner had just had a baby and couldn't cope with a young dog as well, so 'Him Indoors' had found Benji in the 'Small Ads' in the local paper. Benji came with all the proper vet's papers, pedigree etc, and could quite easily sit in the palm of your hand.

Marty was a real champion, and was really happy to make a new friend, there was never any animosity between them ever, in fact they shared a basket and were best pals for years.BenMar1.jpg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home